Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) – How to apply

Foreign citizens can apply to participate in MM2H programme directly without going through any other third party, or may use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Malaysia.
New Applications

Documents required
1) Letter of Application with details of:

a)       Personal background with an indication of your intention to join the Malaysia My Second Home Programme

b)       People applying with you

c)       Briefly explain how you will be financially self-sufficient in Malaysia

d)       Which financial criteria you wish to use: either Fixed Deposit or monthly offshore income (for 50 years and above)

2) Two copies of Form IM 12 (Social Visit Pass Form)
3) Two passport-sized photographs
4) Personal bond (if applicants appointed sponsors)
5) Certified copy of Passport / travel document (all pages)
6) Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
7) Certified copy of birth certificate (if accompanied by children)
8) Resume with 10 years of working experience
9) Certified copy of latest bank statement /other related financial document to indicate financial capability to support your stay in Malaysia
10) At least 3 months’ certified copies of pay slip/pension slip/income statement etc.


  1. Items 2-4 are also required if accompanied by spouse and children as dependants
  2. Age limit of unmarried dependent children is raised from 18 years to 21 years. A declaration stating that the child is unmarried and all expenses during the stay in Malaysia will be borne by the principal participant of the MM2H program is required. Dependants’ include unmarried children aged 21 years and below, step-children, disabled children and parents.
  3. Participants from selected countries who are entering Malaysia with Tourist Social Visit Pass prior to approval of Malaysia My Second Home programme are required to pay for Journey Performed Visa (JP) (RM500) . The payment should be made to the Immigration Department Putrajaya before they get endorsement of the Malaysia My Second Home Sticker in their passport.
  4. Certification can be done by Notary Public/Commisioner of Oath/Government Official
  5. The processing and approval process will take 10 weeks from the date of submission of the application (provided the documentation is complete)

Renewing Applicants

Renewal can either be submitted directly by the individual participant or through a licensed company to the Immigration Department, Putrajaya or The State Immigration Office which issued the initial Social Visit Pass.The following documents are required for the renewal:

  1. IM 55 Form
  2. Copy of the old and new passport.
  3. Copy of the fixed deposit certificate
  4. Copy of the valid medical insurance.


Source: PropertyGuru